The U-M Leadership Council for the Arts is a group of staff professionals whose work is to engage students, faculty, staff, and the community through the arts, both inside and outside the classroom. Previously convened as the Arts Consortium, under former Sr. Vice Provost Lester Monts, the re-convened Council has expanded to include and invite members from all U-M units who have the arts as a central focus or activity.
The UMLCA meets monthly, and has identified several areas of focus for the 2017-2018 academic year:
- Creating a State of the Arts at U-M Report (completion June 2018).
- Showcasing contributions to learning and teaching.
- Identifying major projects or events for collaborative activities and support.
- Forging stronger connections to U-M leadership and University-wide initiatives.
Invited member units include:
- Arts at Michigan
- Office of the Vice Provost for Academic Affairs
- Bentley Historical Library
- Center for Campus Involvement
- Center for World Performance Studies
- Clements Library
- Confucius Institute
- Detroit Center, The
- Duderstadt Gallery
- English Language and Literature, Department of
- Gifts of Art
- International Institute
- Center for Chinese Studies
- Nam Center for Korean Studies
- LSA Humanities Institute
- LSA Women’s Studies (Exhibitions), Department of
- LSA Helen Zell Writers’ Program
- Mattheai Botanical Gardens and Nichols Arboretum
- North Campus Research Center Art
- OVP- Communications
- Penny W. Stamps Distinguished Lecture Series and Exhibitions
- Program in Creativity & Consciousness Studies (PCCS)
- Screen Arts and Culture (SAC), Department of
- School of Music, Theatre, and Dance Jazz Studies, Department of
- School of Natural Resources (Exhibitions), Department of
- Stamps Gallery
- Stearns Collection of Musical Instruments
- U-M Arts & Culture
- U-M Museum of Art (UMMA)
- University Library
- University Musical Society (UMS)
The UMLCA is currently convened by ArtsEngine, with the support of all the listed departments and units. For more information about joining the Council, or its current areas of focus, please contact Deb Mexicotte, Managing Director, ArtsEngine – firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com.